While the complementary potential and popularity of CBD for pain management are really promising. With its good safety profile and its non-intoxicating properties, could CBD have a beneficial effect on pain? Let’s take a look at what the research says about it, the different methods of taking CBD, and important points to consider about its consumption.
Let’s start with the official definition of Pain: “Pain is an emotional sensory occurrence associated with genuine damage. Pain is tough to describe because it is subjective and personal. The means of causing pain are similar for everyone but each individual will have their feelings.
Pain is present in our daily lives, it only takes a simple moment of inattention to block your back, injure yourself or feel muscle or joint pain. At the time for a healthier life, it is not uncommon to see many people turn to natural solutions to help them deal with these pains. Between chronic or occasional pain, a new natural alternative is starting to emerge CBD.
HOW DOES CBD WORK?
- To function and deliver its effects, CBD affects the body’s endocannabinoid system, which is a complex network of cellular signals made up of three main parts (enzymes, endocannabinoids, and cannabinoid receptors).
- This internal system has a key role in body: it manages its overall balance (homeostasis) by influencing its primary functions (body temperature, blood pressure, management of appetite, sleep, moods, etc.).
- CBD will take the place of the cannabinoids secreted by the body (endocannabinoids) to activate the endocannabinoid system receptor’s.
- It is therefore stimulating them that it will send a message to the central nervous system to promote homeostasis.
WHAT IS THE EFFECT OF CBD ON PAIN?
Thanks to its anti-inflammatory plus analgesic actions, cannabidiol can help in the management of chronic or neuropathic pain. Although research on the subject, still suggests a link between CBD and chronic or neuropathic pain.
Studies have shown, for example, that CBD can help relieve back pain. It has optimistic effects on reducing susceptibility to back pain, and improving the value of sleep. CBD can also help ease nervousness i.e. regularly the cause of pain and moreover, anxiety or stress increases the cortisol levels and slows down the body’s natural healing process.
Other research, such as this one, has in turn shown that cannabidiol can help with chronic pain, joint pain, muscle pain, or arthritis for example. In addition to reducing the level of pain thanks to its influence on the endocannabinoid system, CBD has anti-inflammatory properties. These make it a natural, non-addictive, and low-risk alternative to painkillers.
How Does Cannabidiol Treat Chronic Pain?
You’ve heard of the effects of CBD, perhaps for reducing inflammation or relieving pain, but you don’t know much more. Some people with chronic and complex diseases use heavy treatments, which are not harmless to the liver and which can cause addiction effects that are harmful to health.
However, in recent years, more people have been using hemp products containing cannabidiol, such as CBD and CBG oils or capsules, to treat various symptoms such as pain. Cannabidiol is a natural molecule derived from cannabis and reputed in many studies to relieve stress, pain, or various diseases, particularly the nervous.
But can CBD be a natural and effective alternative to medication to reduce pain? That’s what we’re going to see here, let’s go!
Are you interested in cannabidiol to relieve your pain but don’t know how to consume it or which product to choose? It depends on the type of pain you’re feeling. Here is a simple summary to guide you.
- Generally speaking, for bone, joint, or osteoarthritis pain, we recommend the use of full spectrum CBD oils or CBD joint pain cream.
- To relax the tissues, reduce contractions and spasms, and relieve tension, we recommend using products rich in cannabigerol (CBG) in addition to cannabidiol (CBD). Indeed, the properties of CBG have shown beneficial effects on all this type of tissue pain.
- That said, we recommend that you seek advice from your doctor and take advice from a specialist store to obtain all the useful information to ease your pain and learn more about the dosage that will suit you.
As we have seen throughout this article, cannabinoids and CBD products can present an excellent natural alternative to traditional pain treatments and dosages. That said, CBD does not relieve the root causes that cause us to feel these unpleasant sensations. Also, we recommend that you approach the pain as a whole: understand how your lifestyle, your habits, and your diet, influence the pain you may feel.