Cannabidiol, or CBD massage oil, is a non-psychoactive compound in the cannabis plant. CBD oil comes in various flavours and scents to match your mood or the occasion you’re celebrating. You can use it to rub on sore muscles for pain relief. The ingredients are safe for both humans and pets. Not only gentle on your skin, but it also has many health benefits for your entire body.
If you’re here for things to know about CBD oil or want to try it yourself, keep reading!
What is CBD Oil?
CBD oil is made from hemp or marijuana and comes in many forms, including massage oil. It has been used medicinally for centuries, but nowadays, people have started using it recreationally. Many people use CBD oil to help with anxiety and depression, but it can also help with sleep issues or pain management. Read more about Top 8 Full-Spectrum CBD Oil of the Year.
How Does CBD Work?
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a type of cannabinoid that stimulates the endocannabinoid system. This system regulates sleep, mood, pain, and appetite, among other things. CBD oil contains cannabinoids like cannabidiol and a carrier oil such as coconut or olive oil. The oils are mixed in varying ratios to produce different strengths of CBD. Many other varieties, such as THC content or specific terpene profiles, exist depending on what you’re looking for.
CBD activates the body’s endocannabinoid system by attaching to its CB1 and CB2 receptors. Since the endocannabinoid system is a network of neurotransmitters that responds to cannabis compounds, CBD massage oil helps regulate sleep patterns or alleviates chronic pain symptoms without causing a high like THC does when consumed in large quantities.
How Can You Use CBD?
If you want to try adding CBD oil into your daily routine, there are a few different ways you can do so:
- You can take some under your tongue like a liquid supplement.
- Apply it topically on your skin as an ointment or lotion.
- Mix it into food like chocolate or something else.
- Add it to drinks like tea or coffee.
Benefits of Using CBD Massage Oil
The best CBD massage oil has many benefits for your health and well-being. It can help with:
- Pain relief
- Reduce inflammation
- Improve circulation
The soothing effects of massage can also reduce stress and anxiety, improve sleep quality, boost energy levels and make you feel happier.
Is CBD Massage Oil Effective and Safe Treatment for IBD?
In the United States, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is among the most prevalent forms of chronic illness. IBD encompasses Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, and indeterminate colitis. These conditions involve inflammation of your intestines and can cause symptoms such as abdominal pain, diarrhoea, weight loss, and fatigue.
CBD for Digestive Disorders
CBD oil is a powerful treatment for IBD. It contains cannabidiol, a compound that can help reduce inflammation and pain and increase the body’s ability to fight viral infections. This is why it’s effective in treating digestive disorders like IBD. The following are some of the ways that CBD oil can be used:
- Treating nausea associated with chemotherapy or other medications.
- Reducing intestinal inflammation and pain.
- Improving digestion after surgery or injury.
- Constipation associated with Sjogren’s syndrome and other autoimmune disorders, such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, can be alleviated (UC).
Is It Safe to Use CBD Oil for IBD Every Day?
CBD oil is a natural treatment that can be used safely every day. As with any drug or supplement, it’s important to follow the instructions on the label.
How Much CBD Oil Should You Take?
- The recommended daily dosage is 1 milliliter (ml) of CBD oil per 25 pounds of body weight. For example, if you weigh 150 pounds, your daily dosage would be 75 ml.
- Follow this regimen for two weeks, and then increase your dosage by 20 ml until you find the amount that works best for you.
- It’s also wise to consult a doctor before increasing or decreasing your dosage.
- During this process, if you feel “high” or nauseous due to too much CBD oil consumption, back off on how much and see how long it takes for these symptoms to subside before resuming regular dosages.
The Best Way to Use CBD Oil for IBD
CBD oil can be used topically, sublingually, or taken orally. For IBD patients seeking pain relief, topical CBD oil may be the most appropriate way to use this product. A study published in the Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology found that “topical treatment with a small amount of THC was significantly more effective than placebo in reducing abdominal pain resulting from IBD“.
A study published in the Journal of Neuroimmune Pharmacology found that “cannabinoid receptors may play a role in regulating immune cells and disease activity in inflammatory bowel disease”. This suggests that topical CBD might help reduce inflammation associated with IBD symptoms by interacting directly with your body’s cannabinoid receptors (which bind cannabinoids such as THC).
If you’re looking for a way to relax and unwind, CBD massage oil may be just what you need. These oils have many benefits that can help improve your health and well-being. There is not enough research on how effective it is or if there are any side effects. It can be helpful for some people, but your doctor will know best whether or not it will work for you. If you think CBD might be right for you, talk with your doctor and ask questions!